SO YOU WISH YOU HAD A VEHICLE THAT COULD USE E-85?
Many people would like to support corn farmers and the ethanol industry, but they’re not in a position to purchase a different automobile that is an approved flex-fuel vehicle. Well now there are more choices available. You can join the likes of NASCAR drivers that are running on higher blends of ethanol by installing a conversion kit on your car or truck.
The EPA has approved conversion kits for legacy vehicles to become flex-fuel. The new EPA approved kits are for the 4.6L & 5.4L Ford Engines, along with the 5.7L & 6.1L Dodge Hemi engines. These four engines would include several models and model years. Here is a list of all of the vehicles that could use these EPA certified conversion kits:
1. Lincoln Continental (2002-1997)
2. Lincoln Town Car (2007-1997)
3. Ford Crown Victoria (2007-1996)
4. Ford Econoline E-150 1/2 Ton (2007-1997)
5. Ford Econoline E-250 3/4 Ton
6. Ford Expedition (2004-1996)
7. Ford Explorer (2004-2007)
8. Ford F-150 3/4 Ton Pickup (2007-1997)
9. Mercury Grand Marquis (2007-1997)
10. Mercury Mountaineer (2007-2004)
11. Mustang V-8 w SOHC (2004-1997)
12. Dodge and Chrysler passenger car and light truck models equipped with 5.7L Hemi motors, including Charger, Magnum, Chrysler 300, Dodge Ram and Durango.
These kits can be ordered at: http://www.jonnyenergy.com/
Ethanol is a clean burning, renewable fuel grown right here at home. The U.S. ethanol industry currently produces enough fuel to replace the equivalent of all the oil we import from Saudi Arabia.
Don’t want to use E-85? How about a different higher blend? Look for “blender pumps” at your fueling station where you can choose the ethanol blend that yields the highest returns to you based on your price and mileage preferences.