ICGA HONORS AWARD WINNERS AT ANNUAL MEETING
The Illinois Corn Growers Association held its annual meeting today, during which it honored several people for their work to support corn farmers. The ICGA annual meeting was held just ahead of the Illinois Commodity Conference.
Receiving awards from ICGA President Jeff Scates were:
· World of Corn, goes to individuals, organizations or businesses for making significant contributions to the corn industry – Jerry Costello, US House of Representatives
· World of Corn -- Walt Townsend, Wayne County, ICGA member
· Environmental, recognizes individuals who exhibit commitment to conservation and environmental preservation. – Howard Buffett
· Ethanol, seeks to celebrate the contributions of individuals that promote the ethanol industry. – John Shimkus, US House of Representatives
· Media, member of the media who promotes Illinois agriculture and specifically, Illinois corn and corn farmers, through their media coverage. – Jared White, WHOW