Program details of the 2013 University of Illinois Corn & Soybean Classics are now available.
“We look forward to welcoming back many who have attended one or more of our previous meetings and extend a warm welcome to those who will attend for the first time,” said associate professor of weed science Aaron Hager.
The Corn & Soybean Classics feature educational presentations by specialists about the most current and timely information related to crop production and pest management. The 2013 program, which will emphasize crop production, pest management, economics, and the interactions among them, will begin at 9 a.m. and conclude by 3 p.m. Market updates will be provided throughout the day. Communication between speakers and participants is encouraged, and question-and-answer sessions are scheduled for both the morning and afternoon sessions. A noon lunch and a proceedings booklet containing synopses of all presentations are provided to each registrant.
The dates and meeting locations for the 2013 Corn & Soybean Classics are:
- January 7 (Monday): Champaign I Hotel and Conference Center
- January 8 (Tuesday): Mt. Vernon Holiday Inn
- January 9 (Wednesday): Springfield Crowne Plaza
- January 14 (Monday): Peoria Par-A-Dice Hotel
- January 15 (Tuesday): Moline i wireless Center
- January 16 (Wednesday): Malta Kishwaukee College
Each Classic conference will include the following presentations. The order of the presentations may vary to accommodate the speakers’ travel schedules.
- Mike Gray, Soil Insecticides and Bt Hybrids: An Insurance-Based Approach Here to Stay?
- Gary Schnitkey, Overall Grain Farm Profitability and Rotation Impacts
- Emerson Nafziger, Lessons in Agronomy from the Drought of 2012
- Fabián Fernández, Nitrogen Management After the Drought
- Bob Wolf, Calibrating Sprayers to Meet Label Specified Spray Quality Requirements: A New Concept for Applicators
- Aaron Hager, Season-Long Residual Weed Control: How Many Seasons Might that Include?
- Carl Bradley, Effect of Foliar Fungicides on Diseases, Stalk Integrity, and Yield of Corn
Registration is now open and can be done online at the conference registration Web site at http://www.cropsciconferences.com/. Advance registrations are $60 and are accepted through Dec. 16. Registrations received from Dec. 17 through Jan. 1 and all on-site registrations are $75.
Feel free to contact the organizers with comments and questions at 1-800-321-1296.
News source: Aaron Hager, 217-333-4424, firstname.lastname@example.org
News writer: Susan Jongeneel, 217-333-3291, email@example.com