FARM PROGRESS SHOW A SUCCESS FOR IL CORN
Over 200,000 people visited the Farm Progress Show this week and a good chunk of them stopped by the IL Corn exhibit. In this daily “Corn Scoops” update, you’ll find a well-done news story about the activities of your Illinois Corn Marketing Board and Illinois Corn Growers Association at the show.
It was a busy three days in Progress City for IL Corn farmer-leaders and staff as they welcomed thousands of visitors to the exhibit.
Highlights of the effort included:
- An appearance by NASCAR driver Kenny Wallace to support ethanol
- Live-faxing to Congress, urging a “Farm Bill Now!” Over 1100 faxes were sent over the three days. Pictured is Dirk Rice encouraging a fellow farmer to write!
- ICGA President Paul Taylor joined a press conference urging Congressional approval of a Water Resources Development Act and the necessary funding associated with the plan.
- Roll-out of the “I Grow It, I Use It” campaign. More info at www.ilcorn.org/flexfuel
- Work of the American Lung Association of Illinois to promote the healthy-air benefits of clean burning ethanol.
- The American Ethanol mobile biofuels unit offered updates on ethanol.
Here’s the link to the ABC Channel 20 news story about what your association and corn checkoff dollars are doing!