The Illinois Corn Growers Association held its annual meeting today, during which it honored several people for their work to support corn farmers. The ICGA annual meeting was held just ahead of the Illinois Commodity Conference.
Receiving awards from ICGA Vice President Gary Hudson were:
- World of Corn, goes to individuals, organizations or businesses for making significant contributions to the corn industry – Len Corzine, Christian County, ICGA member
- Environmental, recognizes individuals who exhibit commitment to conservation and environmental preservation. – Nancy Erickson, retired Illinois Farm Bureau Director of Natural Resources
- Ethanol, seeks to celebrate the contributions of individuals that promote the ethanol industry. – John Caupert, National Corn to Ethanol Research Center
- Media, member of the media who promotes Illinois agriculture and specifically, Illinois corn and corn farmers, through their media coverage. – Holly Spanger, Prairie Farmer
- Social Media, individuals who are using this untraditional news source to effect a change in thinking about corn farmers and corn farming – Erin Ehnle, Keeping it Real: Through the Lens of a Farm Girl
- Social Media – The Peterson Farm Brother