MARK YOUR CALENDAR NUTRIENT MEETING
You’re invited to attend the Lake Springfield Watershed Project Committee for an informational meeting on Wednesday, February 11. The Lake Springfield Project is a project of the Illinois Council on Best Management Practices. Illinois Corn Growers Association is a member of CBMP and supports the water quality and nutrient management work of the organization.
“Focus on Stewardship through Farm Profitability and Nutrient Utilization” is the theme of the meeting. It’s scheduled to run from 8:30-11:30 a.m. on Feb 11. The meeting will be held at the Northfield Center, 3280 Northfield Dr., Springfield.
- Dr. Howard Brown - Illinois Council on Best Management Practices
- Nutrient Management through Maximizing Nutrient Utilization
- Dan Schaefer - Illinois Fertilizer & Chemical Association
- Maximizing Nutrient Utilization with Technology & Science
- Mike Plumer - Cover Crop Specialist
- Benefits of Cover Crops
- Lauren Lurkins - Illinois Farm Bureau
- Illinois Nutrient Loss Reduction Strategy, what is it and what does it mean for you?
- Ed Corrigan - Brandt Consolidated
- 2014 Cover Crop Trial highlights and challenges from Pleasant Plains Plots
- Farmer Led Panel Discussion
- Best Management Practices within the Indian Creek and Lake Springfield Watersheds
Advanced registration is requested and can be found online at http://illinoiscbmp.org/LakeSpringfieldWatershedProject/