Of all the corn that stays in Illinois to feed livestock, the bulk of it goes to the swine industry. In fact, 94 million bushels, or 76 percent, of that corn is fed to hogs in here in the Land of Lincoln. Do you feel like you could learn more about your #1 livestock customer? You might want to make plans to attend the Illinois Pork Expo.
The Illinois Pork Expo will be held on Tuesday, January 31 & Wednesday, February 1 at the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, IL. This is the largest swine-specific trade show in the state and will feature displays of the latest swine production technology, educational speakers on current pork industry issues, and much more.
Highlights for the 2017 Illinois Pork Expo include:
- IPPA Annual Meeting – Tuesday, January 31 at 9:30 am
- Recognition Luncheon – Tuesday, January 31 at 12:00 pm (ticket required)
- Legislative Reception – Tuesday, February 16 at 5:00 – 7:30 pm (free for expo attendees)
- Trade Show will run both Tuesday, January 31 from 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Wednesday, February 1 from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Seminars for all types of producers on Wednesday, February 1
- 9:30 am – 12:15 pm: Commercial Production A to Z
- 9:30 am – 12:15 pm: Showpig and Youth Exhibitor Seminars
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Market and Producer Outlook
- Live & Silent Auctions full of equipment, services, pork-related items, and more fun activities/items
- Pork Production Auction – Tuesday, January 31 at 7:00 pm
- IL Pork PAC Silent Auction – Tuesday, January 31 from 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Wednesday, February 1 from 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
There is a SOLD OUT trade show floor this year that includes many new and returning companies.
Registration can be done on-site and is free for all IPPA members, $10 for youth, and $15.00 for adults.
Additional details can be found at http://www.ilpork.com/upload/files/2017%20IL%20Pork%20Expo/2017-Expo-Brochure.pdf