2018 POULTRY EXPORTS AT A GLANCE
Though there is little poultry raised in Illinois, poultry is the number one user of corn within the livestock sector. Poultry exports then are also very important, as more poultry and egg exports equal more corn used for feed in the U.S.
This summary of 2018 poultry exports is an important baseline as we consider what poultry and egg export growth might look like in 2019.
The Illinois Corn Marketing Board funds the U.S.A. Poultry and Egg Export Council in hopes of maintaining important international poultry purchasers and increasing the sales of poultry and egg exports annually.
- Combined value of U.S. poultry and egg products shipped internationally in 2018 was more than $4.56 billion
- $3.42 billion was broilers, $623 million was turkey, $243 million was eggs and egg products, $217 million was other poultry products, $11 million was duck products
- Mexico is the largest importer of U.S. broiler and turkey meat, and eggs and egg products
- $973 million of U.S. poultry and egg products were exported to Mexico alone
- 130 countries imported U.S. poultry and egg products