Bloomington, IL – Strasburg corn grower Tim Lenz has been elected president of the Illinois Corn Growers Association (ICGA) for 2009-2010. Lenz, a Shelby County farmer, was elected at ICGA’s re-organizational meeting December 17 at the Illinois Corn Growers office in Bloomington.
Lenz has served on the ICGA board for 7 years, most recently as Vice President. As District 11 Director he represents growers in Christian, Shelby, Montgomery, Fayette and Effingham Counties.
Joining Lenz in leadership roles are Vice President, Jim Reed of Monticello, Treasurer Eric Kunzeman of Tremont and Secretary Dan Cole of Plainville. Elected to lead the Export Committee were: Chairman, Paul Taylor of Esmond; and Vice Chairman, Andy Goleman of Divernon. Elected to serve on the Industrial Committee were: Chairman, Jeff Scates of Shawneetown; and Vice Chairman, Craig Buhrow of West Brooklyn.
Newly elected to serve on the state board is:
- At Large Director - Tom Groppel of Rosedale.
Re-elected to serve as Directors on the state board are:
- District 3 – Rob Elliott of Cameron representing growers in Rock Island, Mercer, Henry, Henderson, Warren and Knox Counties.
- District 6 – Jeff Jarboe of Loda representing growers in Ford, Iroquois, Champaign and Vermillion Counties.
- District 9 – Dan Cole of Plainville representing growers in Hancock, McDonough, Adams, Schuyler, Brown and Pike Counties.
- District 12 - Mark Degler of Mattoon representing growers in Marion, Jefferson, Clay, Wayne, Richland, Edwards, White, Lawrence and Wabash Counties.
- District 15 – Jeff Scates of Shawneetown representing growers in Randolph, Perry, Jackson, Franklin, Williamson, Hamilton, Saline, Gallatin, Union, Johnson, Pope, Hardin, Alex, Pulaski and Massac Counties.
- At Large Directors elected are: Wayne Anderson of Owaneco, interlocking Director with the Illinois Farm Bureau and Gary Hudson of Hindsboro.
The ICGA board - which coordinates and conducts market development, legislative, and public relations programs to benefit corn producers - consists of 15 directors representing specific districts and three at-large directors.
You won't want to miss this important feature on what's coming in the future of the American ethanol industry.Learn More
Illinois corn farmers were featured during February 2's Big Game, helping all of Illinois understand just how important corn is to Illinois and its economy.Learn More
Did you know that anything using a petroleum-based plastic could be replaced with a renewable bio-based plastic?Learn More